What happens after I make an appointment?
When you make an appointment with any of our trained plumbers or technicians, we will do the following:
- Phone call or text message letting you know that one of our trained technicians is on the way
- A detailed inspection and diagnostics report
- Complete written-out estimate and explanation before work is started
- If satisfied with solution, we will begin working same day or schedule a follow up appointment if needed
What is a ductless mini-split AC?
A ductless mini-split system is a new form of air conditioning unit that takes the best of central air conditioning and window units. This is a system the size of a toaster oven that is mounted high on a wall inside and attached to a unit outside. This small unit has the capacity to cool an entire room while it also acts as a dehumidifier. The unit is becoming more and more popular in North America because of its high power, low cost and more appealing installation.
How can I clean the drains in my home?
There are many ways to clean out your drains. If you are experiencing foul smells, sewage backup or slow draining, it’s time for you to clean your drains.
- Vinegar - An easy but temporary way to clean your kitchen or bathroom drains is to pour one cup of white vinegar down your drain. Let the vinegar sit in the drain for 30 minutes and then rinse with hot water.
- Baking soda - If the vinegar alone does not work, we suggest adding one cup of baking soda and lemon juice to the mixture. This will eliminate the smell and slow draining problems.
- Plunger - Using a plunger to eliminate clogs can be a simple task if performed properly. Fill your sink halfway full of water, press the plunger over the drain, and start performing several quick plunges.
Learn more about maintaining your drain here.
Why is my air conditioner leaking water?
Your air conditioning unit may be leaking water for the following reasons:
- Blocked drain holes and internal drains - When these lines are blocked, water can begin to build up and cause pressure overflows. This will lead to inevitable water leaks from the unit.
- Outside temperature - If the temperature outside of your home is too cold, it will cause the coils in your unit to freeze or “ice up.” When the ice begins to melt, it produces a leak.
- Poor or hasty installation - If your unit was poorly installed or installed in a hurry to beat the heat, water can leak inside or outside.
Learn more about our drain services here.
How can I tell if my drain is clogged?
There are many telltale signs that your drain may be clogged. A few symptoms are:
- Foul smell – A foul smell in your drain stems from a vent, drain clog, or deterioration that can allow sewage gas to seep into your pipes.
- One backup - One backup in a toilet, sink or drain can mean that there is one clog most likely close to the fixture. This can be easily fixed with drain cleaning services.
- Multiple backups - If you have more than one backup or clog in your home, it could potentially mean that your main sewer drain into your home is clogged. This can be fixed with our sewer line services.
- Sewage backup - Sewage back up can be a serious problem. It has to do with a major clogged or blocked line in them main plumbing system in your home. It is best to get a plumber involved before the problem damages other pipes in your system.
What is hydro jetting?
Hydro jetting is the process of cleaning out pipes with a high-pressure hose. Hydro jetting will rip buildup and grime out of your pipes quickly and efficiently. It will completely remove any grime that is struck to the inside of the pipe while snaking and rooting will just scrape the surface. Because of the high pressure, it will clean pipes so thoroughly that more grime and dirt will be less likely to stick in the future.
Read more about hydro jetting here.
Why is my faucet leaking?
The sink in your home may be leaking due to many reasons. Here are some of the most common causes for problems in your faucet.
- If you have slow water pressure, a leak may come from clogged holes in the faucet body. We will clean the faucet thoroughly to help avoid these problems in the future.
- Buildup is a natural problem for nearly all faucets. Calcium from hard water will eventually build up in faucets and cause these problems.
- Loose or deteriorated washers from constant use can lead to leaks in faucets because of poor sealing.
Whether you have a faucet leak in your kitchen or bathroom, we can help!
What is trenchless sewer repair?
Trenchless sewers are a type of construction that requires little to no trenches. It is a tunneling process that goes beneath the surface to replace pipes deep in your sewer line. The process starts at the entry pit where damaged pipelines lay. This will avoid having to drill holes in your yard or even your home.
How can I maintain my gas lines?
We suggest that you care for your gas lines at least once per year. You can easily set up an annual gas line maintenance check where a plumber or trained technician will come to your home and check, repair, or detect any problems. If you believe that you are experiencing a gas leak or any other problem with your gas line, do not hesitate to give us a call. We will send out a technician as soon as possible to fix your gas line.